Welcome to the web page of the City of Yokohama Europe Representative Office!
My name is Takehiro Kuribayashi. I started my new position as Chief Representative of the Yokohama City Europe Office in April 2021. I have been employed at the Yokohama City Government since 2002 and was entrusted with promoting business attraction and multiculturalism. Last year, I was in charge of inter-city cooperation in the European region. I am looking forward to contributing my work experience to this office in the best possible way.
The Yokohama City Europe Office was established in 1997. For more than 20 years, the office has been supporting the business activities of Yokohama companies in the European region, attracting European companies to locate in Yokohama, and promoting exchanges between European cities and Yokohama.
This year 2021 marks the 10th anniversary of the signing of the partnership agreement between Yokohama and Frankfurt, and the 160th anniversary of Japanese-German relations. In the Corona crisis, the social and economic outlook is still very uncertain, but we will strive to be a bridge and link between Europe and Yokohama from our location in Germany.
If you need any information or have any questions about the Europe region or Yokohama, please contact us at any time.
Chief Representative of the
City of Yokohama Europe Office in Frankfurt
- encourage economic cooperation, be it on the administrative level or between companies
- attract European investment and business interests to Yokohama
- support Yokohama businesses to become more active in the European market
- conduct information exchange between Yokohama and Europe
On a day to day basis we:
- provide detailed information on Yokohama and the Japanese market in general to interested European companies and administrations: market research, feasibility studies, Yokohama land and rent prices, office and production site locations, etc.
- introduce European companies to potential business partners or distributors in Yokohama
- coordinate business missions to Yokohama, tailored to specific interests and including tours of business facilities, project sites, and government offices
- assist European companies who plan to invest in Yokohama in obtaining financial support from the Yokohama City Government